Afterschool Elementary School Program
When: Monday through Friday,
2013 School Year
Cost: Girls must hold current memberships. Memberships are $60 per year.
Our elementary program is divided into two groups 6-8 & 9-11.
Girls will receive homework assistance, structured tutoring and standardized test preparation while engaging in structured educational activities after school and during the summer
7 Core Program Areas
- Educational Enrichment
- College, Career & Life Planning
- Health & Sexuality
- Leadership & Community Action
- Self Reliance & Life Skills
- Culture & Heritage
- Sports & Adventure
- During the school year, hours are 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Girls are picked up at school by van and taken home at end of day
- Meals are provided daily by North Texas Food Bank
- Girls finish homework and engage in structured activities in our core programs
- During 8 weeks over the summer, hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Summer provides opportunities for educational camps in specific subject areas, field trips, and special projects
In the elementary school grades, college and career readiness programming begins with “what do you want to be when you grow up?” lessons. Our first grade girls enjoy activities around that question. The next year we introduce them to women role models and have them research and report on a woman they find interesting. Later in the elementary grades, our programming introduces discussion about what kind of college is required for various careers preparation.
We begin college visits in elementary school! Getting girls on college campuses very early is a key component to our program.